Usually my baked goods are of the innocent variety, meant for the eyes of family and oftentimes children. This is my first naughty baking project, which I made for a joint bachelor/bachelorette party that I attended last weekend. The boobies were an obvious choice for the guys. I wanted to make something different for the girls (in the realm of cake pops), but I didn’t have the time. So it was boobies for everyone!
This cookie is just a modified version of the peanut butter blossom, which I have always loved.
I got the idea to use this cookie, because a few years back I made them for a baby shower for a friend at work. She thought I made them because they looked like boobs and that it was perfect for a baby shower. I guess they do sort of look like boobs. But I knew they could look better, so I made a few small changes:
1. I doubled the original recipe to make 96 cookies instead of 48.
2. I made the cookies roughly 4x as large as the original recipe called for. So the doubled batch made about 25 cookies. When rolling the dough for each cookie, it is about the size of a lemon in your hand.
3. Before baking, pat the cookie down flat. In the original recipe, you leave the cookie in a ball.
4. These will spread out, so only have about 5 or 6 cookies on a single cookie sheet. After baking, if you find that the cookies spread too much and touch each other, you can make it round by cutting the edges off with a large round cookie cutter.
5. After you have placed the Hershey kiss in the middle of the cookie, add a ring of peanut butter or chocolate frosting (colored brown) around the base of the Hershey kiss.
Below is the original recipe for the peanut butter blossoms. You can follow this recipe to make the nice version, or follow the above steps for the naughty one!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sugar for rolling dough
- 48 unwrapped Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white sugar in a Kitchenaid mixer.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and milk to the mixture and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, and add the baking soda and salt. Add this gradually to the butter and sugar mixture until the dough becomes stiff.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on a cookie sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Immediately add a Hershey kiss to the middle of the cookie (press firmly so that the edges of the cookie begin to crack) and allow to cool.
I bake all my cookies on parchment paper, to help prevent burning and make it easier to remove from the cookie sheet once cooled.
I prefer to roll the dough in sugar BEFORE shaping. I find that it makes it less sticky and easier to work with.